Bangladesh

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bangladesh

Discussion Forum

My Choice: Brick Lane

Admin
    Admin
    Bengali Supremacy
    Bengali Supremacy

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2007-10-23

My Choice: Brick Lane Empty My Choice: Brick Lane

Post by Admin Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:09 pm

My Choice: Brick Lane 3632755605pr5

Brick Lane (2007)

Director: Sarah Gavron
    Cast: Tannishtha Chatterjee, Satish Kaushik, Zafreen Virdi, Christopher Simpson, Naeema Begum
    Rating: NR

-----------------------

Review Summary

Director Sarah Gavron and screenwriter Abi Morgan team to adapt author Monica Ali's award-winning novel about a young girl from Bangladesh who finds the spark in her soul slowly fading after traveling to London for an arranged marriage. As a child, her mother always told Nazneen that she was a survivor. Now, as a young adult, Nazneen is leaving behind her mother and sister to start a new life in London with the her modest London prison as her sister Hasina embarks on a series of exciting adventures back in Bangladesh. But just when Nazneen determines to keep her head down and accept the harsh blows that life continues to deliver, a sudden knock on the door finds her fate taking a completely unanticipated turn.
    ---------------------

Movie Details
    Title: Brick Lane
    Running Time: 101 Minutes
    Director
    Sarah Gavron
    Producer
    Chris Collins, Alison Owen
    Writer
    Monica Ali, Abi Morgan
    Release
    Friday November 16 2007
    Genre
    Drama
    Distributor
    Optimum Releasing

----------------------

"BRICK LANE" SYNOPSIS

At the tender age of seventeen, Nazneen’s life is turned upside down. After an arranged marriage to an older man, she exchanges her Bangladeshi village home for a block of flats in London’s East End. In this new world, pining for her home and her sister, she struggles to make sense of her existence – and to do her duty to her husband. A man of inflated ideas (and stomach), he sorely tests her compliance.
    But Nazneen submits, as she must, to Fate and devotes her life to raising her family and slapping down her demons of discontent. Until the day that Karim, a hot-headed local man, bursts into her life.
    Against a background of escalating racial tension, they embark on an affair that finally forces Nazneen to take control of her life. Set in multicultural Britain, Brick Lane is a truly contemporary story of love, cultural difference, and ultimately, the strength of the human spirit. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Bengali Supremacy
    Bengali Supremacy

My Choice: Brick Lane Empty Re: My Choice: Brick Lane

Post by Admin Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 pm

My Remark:
    However, this movie has shown Bangladeshi Males as some dominating butchers who are perceptually negative to their wives....Yet, I'm not sure about the purpose of the movie.

Then, why can't we write novels on their $300 Dollar Quick Divorce, Common Law or Single Mother traditions?

In a western country..any Bangladeshi male takes forever to enter in the mainstream..but a female takes just a few weeks to settle down..This is how the system works..

My Choice: Brick Lane 2350599099qx7

My Choice: Brick Lane 3548081875ka2

My Choice: Brick Lane 4134566753nc5
    Admin
    Admin
    Bengali Supremacy
    Bengali Supremacy

My Choice: Brick Lane Empty Re: My Choice: Brick Lane

Post by Admin Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:07 pm

Brick Lane has London premiere